Thursday, November 1, 2007

Greatness and Fame

So I went to Indianapolis this last week with my wife where she recieved her FFA American Degree which is quite the accomplishment, but that is another story.

So anyways while we were there we heard a key note speaker that made a comment that really struck me. He said that being famous is about what you get and being great is about what you give. I had never heard it put that way but it made a great deal of sense. The Famous people of the world recieve all sorts of attention, money, and gifts. The great people of the world give these things to those that need them. Men like Gahndi, Joseph Smith, and so many others throughout history have given all that they had to help people in need.

1 comments:

Dave LaBau said...

I like the thought and that you have such a blog. Now, it is important for you or Jess to tell us about what the FFA American Degree is. And thanks for fixing it so we can comment.